The Expression 12000XL is a high-resolution A3 scanner designed to meet the most demanding graphic arts applications.
Featuring Epson Scan advanced imaging features, an LED light source, and exceptional SilverFast Ai 8.8 image processing functions, this scanner offers excellent image reproduction.
Sharp and accurate image reproduction
Thanks to the Expression 12000XL's top-of-the-range scanning technology, users can achieve extremely high-quality image reproduction up to A3 format.
Easy-to-use, Epson Scan operates in either automatic or professional modes, allowing users to optimise their scanning results.
The Expression 12000XL's optical density of 3.8 DMax and 48-bit colour depth ensure sharp and accurate scanning for full reproduction of the widest range of colours, even in shadow areas. In addition, the high 2400 x 4800dpi resolution and ultra-precise Micro Step Drive technology, enable users to capture even the tiniest details with exceptional clarity.
A comprehensive package of bundled software and imaging technology ensures the Expression 12000XL can perform a wide range of functions easily and efficiently. Epson Scan comes with useful features for removing dust noise and grain reduction to smooth the appearance of images. SilverFast Ai 8.8's image processing functions help get even closer to perfect image reproduction.
The optional transparency unit enables users to scan from transparency media, such as positive or negative film and slides, with professional results.
- Batch scan large quantities of transparencies with brilliant results - By utilising the optional Transparency Unit, the Epson Expression 12000XL can scan up to 48 frames of 35mm film, thirty 35mm slides, eight frames of 4" x 5" film, or six medium-format transparencies-all with one easy setup.
- Two lamp design - A bright white lamp is used for positive transparency scanning, while a blue light source is used for negative transparencies, cutting down on the processing time and improving the negative to positive conversion in the final image.
- Unique AutoFocus optics - Epson's optics system ensures pinpoint focusing on an original up to 6mm above the scanner glass and is useful for scanning 3D items and transparencies.
- Fast scans - Scan an 8.5" x 11" colour image at 300 dpi in as little as 23 seconds. A 35mm slide can be scanned at 2400 dpi in 51 seconds, and a 4" x 5" colour transparency can be scanned in under three minutes.
- High Optical Density - Featuring an optical density of 3.8Dmax, the Epson Expression 12000XL captures a wide range of tonal colours ensuring the greatest level of detail in both highlight and shadow areas.
- Powerful Software Included - The bundled LaserSoft Imaging Silverfast Ai and IT8 chart to calibrate colours and ensure consistency from the original to the scanned image. Restore faded colour photos to original brilliance with Easy Photo Fix scanning technology. Additionally with Advances Digital Dust correction you can remove the appearance of dust from film and photo's.
- General Information
- Epson Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number
- Manufacturer Website Address
- Brand Name
- Product Line
- Product Model
- Product Name
- Expression 12000XL
- Product Type
- Flatbed Scanner
- Technical Information
- Large Format
- Optical Resolution
- 2400 dpi
- Scan Color
- Colour Depth
- Maximum Mono Scan Speed (sec)
- Maximum Color Scan Speed (sec)
- Media Size
- A4 210 mm x 297 mm
- 297 mm x 420 mm
- 310 mm x 437 mm
- 101.60 mm x 127 mm
- Transparency 309 mm x 420 mm
- Physical Characteristics
- 158 mm
- 656 mm
- 458 mm
- Weight (Approximate)
- 14.30 kg
- Energy Star